Monday, October 20, 2008

The beginnings of a foundation


They've started work on the house. So far all we have are the frames for the foundation. Here are some pictures. Not really much to look at just yet, but excited that there is something on top of the grass that was there a few days ago.

Jesse is convinced that they are missing a piece or haven't finished because it looks too small to him. And it does look small, but I remember when we built my parents house and the foundation looked really tiny.
My mom says that it looks tiny until you get the walls up.

We went out this weekend and lo and behold, guess who our neighbor is? Andy Dockery. For those of you who don't know, he was one of our closest friends in high school. It's kind of crazy that we'll be living across the street from him. At least we know one of our neighbors isn't a homicidal maniac!

Going out there and looking at the frames it hit me that we are building a house. I mean, it's real now. There is lumber with my name on it. We have our new address. I feel so old and grown up. I'm going to be a homeowner - how responsible of me!

No comments: