Monday, July 06, 2009

Party like it's 1985

I turned 30 this week and so in celebration, we threw a big to-do. I wasn't technically born in the 80's (missed it by 6 months) but I grew up then, so I chose an 80's theme.



I made this cake myself. I'm quite proud because it was my first endeavor in fondant and multi-tiered cakes. The squares could be larger and the sides more straight, but not too shabby for my first try.
It's a rubix cube BTW....





Everyone having a really good time. I was glad so many people dressed up.
Jesse made an 80's movie/music video montage and had it playing on the wall. It was pretty sweet.


I danced until I was so sore the next day I could barely walk.


Jesse had my dad sing Happy Birthday to me in front of everyone. He sings it in this lounge lizard, croony voice. It's quite cheesy.

more pics coming as soon as I get them loaded!

No comments: