Monday, November 24, 2008

Brick


They've started bricking this weekend. And I'm a little freaked out.

I finally agreed to a red brick. Jesse persuaded me that it would look better with the columns. But I didn't want it to be too dark or look too much like a college campus.
When we went to the brick store to look at a thousand samples, I really liked this one called Old Boston. It was still red, but didn't look purple or scream Ole Miss. I liked it with a gray mortar that the sales lady told me was called ultra dark.

I looked at the site this weekend and first of all, the brick seems a bit darker than I thought it would. And secondly - the mortar is black, which makes the brick looks purple-y.
The builder swears that it always looks dark at first and as it dries it will lighten. But part of me is freaking out. This was one of the few things I was truly picky on and disagreed with Jesse on. All I can imagine right now is super white columns up next to it and feel like I'm living at Ole Miss or worse, the white trim will make the brick look even darker and I'm living in the big purple house.

In other news, our drywall is up and the kitchen cabinets come this week I believe. The builder thinks we'll be in before New Year so long as it stays dry this December.

No comments: